Wyoming Fishing Laws and Regulations
Purpose: Fishing regulations are enforced in each state, including Wyoming, to conserve and sustain fish populations.
- Types of fishing licenses required
- Fishing seasons
- Size and bag limits
- Permissible fishing gear or tackle
- Unique rules specific to particular waterways.
Wyoming Fishing License Contribution
Use of Funds: Money from the sale of Wyoming fishing licenses supports:
- Fishery management
- Habitat development
- Programs for endangered species
- Conservation education.
Benefit: Purchasing a fishing license helps ensure the longevity and protection of fishing as a sport.
Wyoming Fishing License Information
Where to Purchase:
- From an authorized fishing license agent locally.
Things to Note:
- Review all available fishing license types, as some long-term licenses might offer financial savings, especially for local anglers fishing regularly.
- Licensing Requirements:
- For both residents and non-residents, a fishing license is mandated for those 14 years old and above.
- Non-residents below the age of 14 don't require a license if they are accompanied by an adult who has a valid Wyoming fishing license.
Always make sure to consult Wyoming's official Department of Fish and Game or similar body for the most accurate and up-to-date details.